Cultural differences make an important role in the workplace. When it comes to cultural diversity at work, it is essential to have a good attitude and good behaviors face to different cultures, which can make an influence on the relationships between colleagues and the teamwork.
Awareness-raising about cultural differences on the workplace contributes to increase trust, improves work relationships, fasters implementation of projects and allows a clearer communication.
A misunderstanding of cultural differences leads to poor communication and ineffectiveness. It also creates barriers and dysfunctional adaptive behaviours.
- Be respectful and ensure a clear communication.
- Learn about cultural differences.
- Focus on each other's strengths and skills.
- Step out of your comfort zone: you may have more in common than you think.
- Be accommodating.
- Be open-minded
- Be attentive to verbal and non-verbal signals
- Use simple words
- Include visual aids
- Speak an international language, avoid slang words
In a job interview or during a business meeting, your verbal and nonverbal communication influences the impact of your speech. You should then pay attention to your behavior and body language for your interlocutor to effectively get your message. Spring Professional gives you 6 tips you should follow for a good communication.